The Training Wheel 40, or TW40 for short, is a 40% that features a base keycap kit compatible footprint while offering a way to dip your toes in the <60% size.
There are multiple layout options available and full punctuation on base layers so it is extremely usable, and a great way get into layers for the number row, function row, and other keys found on >60%'s.
For additional info and discussion please check out the channel in the 40% discord.
This sale Includes the Following:
- Assembled PCB (only switches need to be soldered). If you already have a PCB you can skip that add-on. This case is drop in compatible with the budget sandwich case.
- Optional case blockers: WKL Blockers, HHKB Blockers, and 1u Blocker to the left of the arrow cluster.
General PCB Info:
- Assembled PCB, only soldering required is switches
- RGB header for RGB strip to be soldered on. (shown in acrylic case product pics)
- Flashed and tested with a default layout before shipping
- Full QMK Support, including ability to easily program in QMK Configurator
- VIA Support (Pending Approval)
What is required but NOT included for a finished build
- USB Type-C cable
- MX style switches and keycaps
- Screw in or snap in PCB Mount Stabilizers (plate mount not supported)
General 3DP Case Info:
- Your choice of acrylic color bottom
- The budget FR4 sandwich kit can be dropped in after being built into a 3d printed case option in your color choice. You just have to pop off the bottom FR4 plate and use the included acrylic bottom for the 3dp case.
- 5 degree incline typing angle
- Includes all hardware for case assembly
- 3DP bottom is not included.
- Optional add-ons for switch plates in white FR4, laser cut white, black, or purple POM, or laser cut clear PETG.
General Product Info:
- This sale only includes the PCB (if added), case, and case hardware. All other components need to be sourced from other vendors.
- All cases are made to order.
- See main website announcement bar for latest new order shipping times.
- Please contact us if you have compatibility questions or concerns.