Gridiron was developed when dededecline realized that there was not a premium, high profile case option for Planck PCBs that felt relevant in 2022. Gridiron works to give both a modern, premium case and also be incredibly affordable. The case is light but satisfying in your hand, and easy to travel with. The top mount gives a much nicer typing experience than the old school tray mounts, and was developed to give a consistent sound and feel.
For those that do not have a Planck PCB on hand, or want a non-hotswap option or different layout options, the Gridiron PCB is available to purchase from. If you do not prefer ortholinear layouts, the case is also compatible with the Plop PCB by Rainkeebs. We have a limited amount of Plop PCBs available for this group buy.
These are Group Buy extras, and are unlikely to be restocked. Any Cerakote add-ons will be added to the queue for after the current Group Buy queue.
General Case Info:
- Available Colors (Links to the cerakote color galleries below)
- Black Anodization
- 1 of the following custom cerakote theme boards (ready to ship)
- Aesthetic Theme (1 Available)
- Custom Cerakote starting at $50 for single colors, and increasing from there for additional colors or special finishes. Please reach out for pricing on a certain color combo, if not we will contact you after your order.
- All our plates are plates available.
- *All plates are MX only, but an Alps gridiron plate is available by request in white or black thinner 1.2mm POM.
- 3/16" (4.75mm) Milled plates are also available.
- Plate Foam is not compatible with the thick plates
- The case features a 3° typing angle and a front height of 18.5mm or 19.5mm with the silicone feet installed
- This case is designed around 19x19mm "Planck Spacing" instead of the standard mx spacing.
- Gridiron Ortho PCB- $40
- Plop Stagger PCB (Limited QTY Available)- $40
- Plate EVA foam- $10
- Case EVA foam- $10
- Encoders and Knobs are available here.
- Extra switch plates can be found here.
If Cerakote is added on we will contact you after your order to determine color configurations.
Additional Cerakote Color photos are here
Cerakote Quality Standards and Expectations: Cerakote is a ceramic coating, and has a very unique texture (like a ceramic). We do all the Cerakote in house, and as much as we would love for every board to be perfect, no kit can be 100% flawless due to coating process.
There may be small grains under the surface of the cerakote and the internal surfaces may be more coarse than external surfaces.