Brane Aluminum Case and PCB
Brane is a 40% keyboard with a 12u "HHKB" layout with 1u blockers. Designed by Blind_Panda, Brane is based on the Cervello design and is both Ortho or Stagger compatible with our Synapse or Brick PCBs, as well as some other 12u PCBs on the market sharing the same USB location.
This listing is for the GB extras, and quantities are limited.
Note: The bottom of the case for the group buy has no engraving, but there is a laser engraving add-on available.
General Case Info:
- This case features a simple aluminum 2 piece design with a switch plate gasket mount setup.
- Available in Black and Purple anodized colors.
- The Black Anodized color is the same as the Hubris and Gridiron pictures.
- Custom Cerakote is available starting at $50 for single color options. More info and purchase directions are available here. We will reach out after the order to finalize the cerakote color selections and final pricing for multicolor options.
- 5 degree typing angle.
- Silicone bumper feet cutouts and feet included.
- Includes m2.5 hex socket head black aluminum screws. Hex drivers are also included.
- Includes white FR4 plate in the selected Ortho, Stagger, or the unique Cerebral layout and a set of plate gaskets.
- Cerebral PCB is available from MechVault
- Ortho Brick or stagger Synapse PCB- $40
- Forged carbon fiber plate- $25 (QTYs are limited)
- All our plate materials available.
- Plate EVA foam- $10
- Case EVA foam- $10
- Knobs and Encoders are available here.
- Bottom Laser Engraving- Starting at $30
- Engraving over cerakote is down to raw aluminum and is a grey color
- Engraving over anodizing is a whiter finish.
Additional Switch Plate Color Photos are here
Additional Cerakote Color photos are here
If Cerakote is added on we will contact you after the order to finalize colors and configurations.
Look here for the latest Cerakote production lead times.
Cerakote Quality Standards and Expectations: Cerakote is a ceramic coating, and has a very unique texture (like a ceramic). We do all the Cerakote in house, and as much as we would love for every board to be perfect, no kit can be 100% flawless due to coating process.
There may be small grains under the surface of the cerakote and the internal surfaces may be more coarse than external surfaces.