Training Wheel 40 Invisibolt Case and PCB
The Training Wheel 40, or TW40 for short, is a 40% that features a base keycap kit compatible footprint while offering a way to dip your toes in the <60% size.
There are multiple layout options available and full punctuation on base layers so it is extremely usable, and a great way get into layers for the number row, function row, and other keys found on >60%'s.
This sale Includes the Following:
- Assembled PCB (only switches need to be soldered). If you already have a PCB you can skip that add-on. Note that the budget sandwich case is NOT drop-in compatible with this case.
- Optional case blockers: WKL Blockers, HHKB Blockers, and 1u Blocker to the left of the arrow cluster.
General Acrylic Case Info:
- The case features semi hard adhesive gaskets on the top and bottom of the switch plate to keep everything nice and secure, as well as helping damping.
- The acrylic case is not drop in compatible with the budget FR4 sandwich case. It requires the switch plate specific to the Invisibolt acrylic case.
- The case features a 4° typing angle with the feet installed.
- Only silver screws are included. The case uses m2x5 and m2x12 screws if you would like to find other colors elsewhere.
- The case shown in the product photos is Standard No Blockers. It features SA Jadeite paired with a Frosted Kiwi Case with Botanical Swirl Top and Bottom layers with Clear feet. The optional cork add-on is shown as well.
Note: Case Assembly may add up to 5 business days to the estimated production time in the website header.
If case assembly is added, we will peel all the acrylic, install the adhesive strips and gaskets, and screw the case together. All that has to be done on your end is soldering (unless the PCB is hot swap) up the switch plate to the PCB and unscrewing the case bottom to drop it all into the case.
This is a general overview of all of our cases:
This sale only includes the case, case hardware, and universal 36mm x 6mm x 1.5mm silicone feet. Addtional options are available as add-ons but are only included if they are selected. All other components need to be sourced from other vendors.
All cases are made to order. The latest timelines are updated here.
Please contact us if you have compatibility questions or concerns