Cervello Invisibolt Case and PCB
Cervello ("Cher-vello"), meaning "brain" in Italian, is a gasket mount 12u blockered case originally designed by Ms. Mustard. The latest Invisibolt design style features a newly designed case that has no bolts showing on the top layer, and also slims the case down. This case is not compatible with Neuron PCBs and Neuron Switch Plates, and requires the use of a new switch plate. This new case revision accepts compatible PCBs such as the Schwann PCBs, and will also accept the two new PCBs designed for the Cervello GB, being the Synapse (staggered) and Brick (ortho). The PCBs are extras from that group buy.
If you need a PCB you must select it in the drop down when configuring the case. Note that the Brick Ortho PCB does NOT support rotary encoder options.
- This case features support for existing PCBs but not existing plates. A PCB and Plate is not included by default and must be added if you plan on using one of the new PCBs and plate or want a new plate for your existing PCB.
- The case features semi hard adhesive gaskets on the top and bottom of the switch plate to keep everything nice and secure, as well as helping damping.
- The case features a 5° typing angle with the feet. The board can be used with no feet as well for a flat typing experience.
- This case version has multiple bezel blocker options (HHKB, WKL, or no Blockers) Note that the Brick Ortho PCB does NOT support the no blocker option.
- Optional Cervello Brain Logo Engraving
- Optional add-ons for case assembly, EVA Plate Foam, Knobs, and Rotary Encoders, as well as Case Foam (Will Block RGB Underglow)
- Additional knob and encoder options can be found here
- Only silver screws are included. The case uses m2x5 and m2x12 screws if you would like to find other colors elsewhere.
- The case features NK PBT Taro with a Frosted Pastel Lilac Case with Frosted Yellow Top Accent layer, and Frosted White Top Layer. The switch plate is White IMA. The knob is the Wildflower colorway from our Knob Drop 1, and this case features the cork feet add on.
Note: Case Assembly may add up to 5 business days to the estimated production time in the website header.
If case assembly is added, we will peel all the acrylic, install the adhesive strips and gaskets, and screw the case together. All that has to be done on your end is soldering (unless the PCB is hot swap) up the switch plate to the PCB and unscrewing the case bottom to drop it all into the case.
This is a general overview of all of our cases:
This sale only includes the case, case hardware, and universal 36mm x 6mm x 1.5mm silicone feet. Addtional options are available as add-ons but are only included if they are selected. All other components need to be sourced from other vendors.
All cases are made to order. The latest timelines are updated here.
Please contact us if you have compatibility questions or concerns