Le Chiffre + Aluminum Case and PCB
Additional case color photos are here.
Welcome to the group buy extras for Le Chiffre Plus. The long awaited premium aluminum case is finally here. The Le Chiffre, designed by tominabox1 and graciously open sourced is a keyboard meant to use as little keys as possible while still keeping a practical amount of functionality for those ready to flex their QMK skills.
To keep the options simple for our first machined aluminum case group buy, we are keeping the options much simpler than our typical offerings. The case is only available in a few anodization colors, and is only available with the rotary encoder and light pipe indicator layout as shown in the product pictures. For more information of what is included with this group buy, please see the product details below.
There are in-house Cerakote add-on options available for an additional cost. Cerakote add-on page is available here.
This case is compatible with the original 3dp case switch plates. If you need a PCB or Switch Plate you must select it in the drop down when configuring the case.
This sale Includes the Following:
- Assembled PCB (if added) (only switches need to be soldered)
- Switch Plate (if added)
- Aluminum case in your selected color and case hardware.
- Rotary encoder (if added)
- Additional knob and encoder options can be found here
General Case Info:
- The case uses the same switch plate as the original 3dp cases. Older 3dp Le Chiffre plates are compatible, but the plate from our acrylic cases will NOT fit. You can substitute with other 1.6mm thick options if our plate materials aren't your style. The plate files are available by request.
- The case features a top mount style using m2 torx headed machine screws to secure the plate to the top shell of the case.
- The top and bottom shells of the case are secured with m3 torx headed machine screws.
- The case features a 5° typing angle.
- Cork feet are included with the artwork as shown in the product pictures.
- Light pipes are included for the RGB indicators.
- Optional case and plate foam is available.
- The case in the product photos is Black paired with one of our 26mm artisan knobs, a Yellow IMA plate, and KATdet keycaps.
Cerakote Quality Standards and Expectations: Cerakote is a ceramic coating, and has a very unique texture (like a ceramic). We do all the Cerakote in house, and as much as we would love for every board to be perfect, no kit can be 100% flawless due to coating process.
There may be small grains under the surface of the cerakote and the internal surfaces may be more coarse than external surfaces.