Fruitbar R2 Invisibolt Case and PCB Group Buy
Welcome to Fruitbar Round 2, the long awaited successor to one of the most popular introductions to 40s keyboards!
Fruitbar is here to make the introduction to 40% keyboards as smooth as possible, and Round 2 improves on almost every aspect over the original round from Fruitykeeb.
Here is a link to a sound test from nainaigogo
Some of the improvements for Round 2 are:
- Stacked Acrylic Cases- We partnered with Fruit to offer a pair of special edition Invisibolt Acrylic Cases compatible with both Round 2 and Round 1 Group Buys! This invisibolt case listing does not support the round 1 switch plates. There is a Round 1 compatible case only option available here.
- Better Layout Supports- Supported layouts have been expanded to include better bottom row and split spacebar options - Stepped Caps lock, and improved ISO compatibility Integrated PCB Construction! - Moving to the RP2040 microcontroller, soldering and assembling your Fruitbar is easier than ever and takes less than half the time as Round 1
- International Vendors- International shipping is always a pain, and while we aren't able to solve this for everyone, we've done our best to bring on vendors for the major regions from R1
General Case Details:
- To hit this price point there is a limited amount of case customization available compared to our normal selections. Cases are available in the following frosted colors and each features an engraved "Fruitykeeb" bottom.
- Frosted Clear
- Fruity Theme- Scarlet with Glitter Red accent layers (Like Product Pics)
- The case uses the same switch plate as the skeleton version located here. It will come stock with a white FR4 plate, but you can substitute with other plate options if FR4 isn't your style. The plate files are available by request.
- The case features adhesive gaskets on the bottom of the switch plate and screws to keep everything nice and secure, as well as helping damping.
- The case features a 4° typing angle with the feet.
- Only silver screws are included. The case uses m2x6 and m2x14 screws if you would like to find other colors elsewhere.
- Top Fruitbutt Engraving: $10
- Case Assembly: $50
- EVA Plate Foam: $10
- EVA Case Foam: $10
- Extra PCBs: $40
- Upgraded Switch Plates: Starting at $15 with tons of materials available.
- Rotary Encoder Add-Ons: $3 with Detented or Smooth options
- OLED Screen Add-On: $5
- Knob Add-Ons
If case assembly is added, we will peel all the acrylic, install the adhesive strips and gaskets, and screw the case together. All that has to be done on your end is adding your switches to the PCB and unscrewing the case bottom to drop it all into the case.