Brane Aluminum Case and PCB Group Buy
Brane is a 40% keyboard with a 12u "HHKB" layout with 1u blockers. Designed by Blind_Panda, Brane is based on the Cervello design and is both Ortho or Stagger compatible with our Synapse or Brick PCBs, as well as some other 12u PCBs on the market sharing the same USB location.
Note: The bottom of the case for the group buy will have no engraving.
General Case Info:
- This case features a simple aluminum 2 piece design with a switch plate gasket mount setup.
- Available in Black, Silver, and Purple anodized colors.
- Black shown in the product pictures is Graphite Black Cerakote
- We currently only have a render of the purple anodizing color
- There are also 2 discounted Cerakote color options (+$10): Stormtrooper White and British Racing Green
- 5 degree typing angle.
- Silicone bumper feet cutouts and feet included.
- Includes m2.5 hex socket head black aluminum screws. Hex drivers are also included.
- Includes white FR4 plate in the selected Ortho, Stagger, or the unique Cerebral layout and a set of plate gaskets.
- Cerebral PCB is available from MechVault
- Ortho Brick or stagger Synapse PCB- $40
- Forged carbon fiber plate- $25
- ABS, POM, PP, PETG, and IMA plates available.
- Plate EVA foam- $10
- Case EVA foam- $10
- Knobs and Encoders are available here.
- Bottom Laser Engraving- Starting at $30
- Engraving over cerakote is down to raw aluminum and is a grey color
- Engraving over anodizing is a whiter finish.
- Custom Cerakote starting at $50 for single color options. More info and purchase directions are available here. We will reach out after the GB ends to finalize the cerakote color selections and final pricing for multicolor options.
If Cerakote is added on we will contact you after your order to determine color configurations.
Additional Cerakote Color photos are here
Cerakote Quality Standards and Expectations: Cerakote is a ceramic coating, and has a very unique texture (like a ceramic). We do all the Cerakote in house, and as much as we would love for every board to be perfect, no kit can be 100% flawless due to coating process.
There may be small grains under the surface of the cerakote and the internal surfaces may be more coarse than external surfaces.