40rmie LX Case and PCB Group Buy
Introducing the long awaited premium metal version of 40rmie. Designed by Mascis Designs, 40rmie is a premium yet simple 2 part milled aluminum case that features thick 3mm gaskets on the top and bottom of the PCB to offer a unique feel and sound.
With the release of 40rmie LX we also have a new PCB revision from Kuro that offers RGB underglow for the grill accent area, as well as fixing a few quality of life issues from past revisions.
This case is compatible with all past 40rmie PCBs so a PCB is Not included by default, and must be added on during the optional add-on selections.
General Case Info:
- Available Colors (Links to the cerakote color galleries below)
- Black Anodization
- Discounted Cerakote Options (Gallery Links Below):
- Stone Grey $15
- Navy Blue $15
- Stormtrooper White $20
- Light Sand $20
- Black + Stormtrooper White Splatter $30
- Sedona + Akai Tsuki Red $40
- Graphite Black + Hydra Color Shift $40
- Graphite Black + Harajuku Girl Color Shift $40
- Custom Cerakote starting at $50 for single colors, and increasing from there for additional colors or special finishes. We will reach out after the GB to finalize color selection and pricing.
- There are 4 different top configurations available:
- Nav Cluster Top
- Big 38mm Knob Top
- Standard (No Blockers) Bottom Row
- 1u WKL Blockers Bottom Row
- Note: The 7u big bar layout is not compatible with this top layout.
- All case bottoms will have the 40rmie engraving text except it is centered top to bottom instead of offset towards the top like the prototype picture.
- A plate is not included by default due to the PCB mount style, but we have multiple plate materials in a myriad of colors and finishes available to add on. More details are below under Optional Add-Ons.
- A milky white acrylic diffuser is included by default, however there are multiple other colors and materials available with more details below under Optional Add-Ons.
- The case features a 4° typing angle and a front height of 20mm at the tall part of the angled lip closer to the keycaps.
- 40rmie PCB- $40 when added on using the 40rmie LX order page and ordering with the case.
- Low profile detent-less encoder is available-$4
- 15mm encoders are ideal for this case. The product pictures with the artisan knob is a 20mm encoder and sticks up much more than the product pictures showing the custom Cerakote prototype and knob.
- 38mm knobs are available:
- Black anodized knob- $25
- Single Color Cerakote Available- $15
- Multicolor Cerakote Available- $30+
- Milled Resin Knobs: $30 (Additional Colorway Pictures Here)
- Abalone Colorway
- Blush Colorway
- Pastel Dreams Colorway
- Peacock Colorway
- Starry Night Colorway
- Solid White Colorway
- ABS, POM, PP, PC, PETG, and IMA plates available.
- 3/16" (4.75mm) Thick Glossy Black or White ABS plate is also available.
- This plate is not compatible with plate foam.
- Plate EVA foam- $10
- Case EVA foam- $10
- In addition to the included acrylic milky white diffuser, there are multiple accent inserts available:
- 1.6mm Brass (Raw or Raw Bead Blasted)-$10
- 1.6mm Copper (Raw or Raw Bead Blasted)-$10
- 1.6mm Stainless Steel (Raw or Raw Bead Blasted)-$10
- Multipack of 1.6m IMA in all our colors listed below (Gallery)- $20
- Colors include- Black, White, Graphite, Gold, Copper, Green, Purple, Red, Pink, Yellow, Blue, and Light Blue.
- Additional Case Top in selected layout- $65
- The color will match your original color selection by default. Contact us after your order if you would like a different color.
If Cerakote is added on we will contact you after your order to determine color configurations.
Additional Cerakote Color photos are here
Cerakote Quality Standards and Expectations: Cerakote is a ceramic coating, and has a very unique texture (like a ceramic). We do all the Cerakote in house, and as much as we would love for every board to be perfect, no kit can be 100% flawless due to coating process.
There may be small grains under the surface of the cerakote and the internal surfaces may be more coarse than external surfaces.