The Training Wheel 40, or TW40, is our first original PCB and is designed by the talented Aeternus Decorum. TW40 features a base keycap kit compatible footprint while offering a way to dip your toes in the <60% size.
There are multiple layout options available and full punctuation on base layers so it is extremely usable, and a great way get into layers for the number row, function row, and other keys found on >60%'s.
For additional info and discussion please check out the channel in the 40% discord.
This sale Includes the Following:
- Assembled PCB (only switches need to be soldered)
- Note: The green PCB in the photos is the prototype, and final version will be blue solder mask with white silkscreen. See the render here. The cool silk is also being moved to the bottom of the PCB so it can be seen through the acrylic on the cases.
- There are 3 case options for TW40:
- A budget FR4 sandwich case featuring a white bottom FR4 plate and white FR4 switch plate.
- 3d printed case option in your color choice with acrylic bottom color choice.
- Full laser cut acrylic stack case option in your color choice and hardware color choice.
- Optional case blockers: WKL Blockers, HHKB Blockers, and 1u Blocker to the left of the arrow cluster.
General PCB Info:
- Only soldering required is switches
- RGB header for RGB strip to be soldered on. (shown in acrylic case product pics)
- Flashed with a default layout before shipping
- Full QMK Support, including ability to easily program in QMK Configurator
- Potential future VIA Support
What is required but NOT included for a finished build
- USB Type-C cable
- MX style switches and keycaps
- Screw in or snap in PCB Mount Stabilizers (plate mount not supported)
General 3DP Case Info:
- Available in all the in stock colors.
- Your choice of acrylic color bottom
- The sandwich kit can then also be dropped in after being built into a 3d printed case option in your color choice. You just have to pop off the bottom FR4 plate and use the included acrylic bottom for the 3dp case.
- 5 degree incline typing angle
- Includes all hardware for case assembly
- White FR4 plate included with 3DP Case Sales.
- 3DP bottom is not included.
- Optional add-ons for switch plates in white FR4, laser cut white POM, or laser cut clear PETG.
General Acrylic Case Info:
- Available in all the in stock colors
- Choice of hardware color between Silver, Black, and Gold
- Features a foam gasket mount system with the choice of plate option between the included white FR4, or optional laser cut white POM or laser cut clear PETG.
- The acrylic case is not drop in compatible with the budget FR4 sandwich case. It requires the switch plate specific to the gasket acrylic case.
- Build Guide is here.
- Flat Bottom or Incline options with incline featuring a 5° typing angle with the feet. The case will only include the feet or hardware depending on the selection for flat bottom or incline options.